I have been a bad blogger. The time change kicked my rear last week, and I’m working really hard to get prepped for the week following Spring Break, which I am fortunate to have next week. I don’t want to work during Spring Break, so I’m putting in the work now. This is crunch time for teachers in Florida as we prep our students for the FCAT test they will take during April. Talk about stress!
So, let’s cut to the chase and make our way through Joyce’s questions!
1. Thursday marks the first day of spring…to celebrate would you rather plant a garden or go for a walk in the woods? Would either of those activities be possible on Thursday where you live?
Oh, I’m going to say neither. To plant a garden would require energy that I don’t have right now, and walking in the woods calls to mind bugs and all things creepy crawly. Can I opt to sit on my back porch and read?
2. When did someone last spring something on you? (or when did you last spring something on someone?)
Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I surprised anyone or anyone surprised me. I lead a fairly boring life outside of my classroom.
3. We often think of spring as a time for new beginnings. What’s something you’d like to start doing this spring?
I think I’d like to start going on daily walks around my neighborhood…or perhaps quick bike rides around it. I have a good bicycle that I paid a lot of money for a number of years ago. I think a quick trip around the neighborhood would bring a refreshing lift to each crazy day.
4. Where do you like to sit in a movie theatre? When did you last sit there, and what were you watching?
When I go to the theater, I like to sit about halfway up but near the end. Hubby needs a quick exit to the restroom because of his Crohn’s, and I don’t really like being boxed in. I haven’t been to a movie in a long time, because I don’t like the cursing or sexual stuff that directors seem to think is necessary to sell a story. I am hoping to see Divergent though. I read the series and loved the books!
5. When you meet someone for the very first time, what do you want them to think about you?
When I meet someone for the first time, I want them to know I’m a Christian. I am usually very shy when I meet new people, but I hope that my faith shines through in the way I conduct myself…and that it’s quickly apparent to people when they first meet me.
6. March is frozen food month (yes, really!). Besides ice cream (gotta make you think a little) what’s your most often purchased frozen food item?
Lately, I’ve been buying frozen pizzas for Rooster to munch on. I’ve been on a non-cooking streak of late thanks to my over-achieving, over-planning self. My work is leaving me too exhausted or disinterested in cooking. Hence, the pizzas.
7. What’s something you avoid?
I only get to list one thing, Joyce? Surely you jest!
Things I avoid:
Social situations (whenever possible)
Movies with sex and cursing
Music about sex
My mom (sorry for the honesty, but it’s true)
8. My Random Though
Paydays always equal pampering. Take a look at the creativity of my nail tech…
I am blessed to be treated so well by a group of sweet gals. They always make sure I’m comfortable, put up with my rambling, and ensure that I leave them each week as a happy customer. I ❤ them a lot.