It’s time for this week’s edition of the Hodgepodge! It’s hard to believe that by this time next week, I’ll be getting ready for the second day of the school year. I’ve already been looking at my rosters, which just got released to us today, our first teacher workday back, and I’m trying to start lesson planning. My body and brain are rebelling after a restful summer, but it is what it is, and I’m sure I’ll get back into the routine soon enough. Meanwhile, here are my answers to this week’s questions!
1. The best part of waking up is____________________________________.
The best part of waking up is seeing the potential in a new day. What a beautiful gift!
2. Given a choice, which animal interaction would you most like to experience (or for those non-adventurers…which would you dislike the least?)– Swim with the dolphins at one of several locations in the Florida Keys, a lion encounter ten minutes from Victoria Falls (Africa), or a day at a remote base camp high in the Big Sur wilderness via the Ventana Wildlife Society helping track California condors?
I love animals, so either the swim with a dolphin or a lion encounter would suit me to a T. Bird watching isn’t really my thing.
3. What is something you fear about ‘old age’? What is something you look forward to?
Something I fear about old age is becoming a burden to others. I’m very independent and pray I am allowed to grow old with a decent amount of health. I just can’t picture Chicky being super pleased if she has to change my Depends.
The thing I look forward the most about growing old is retirement and the time to indulge in my hobbies without stressing about going to work. Summers give me a taste of that life. I will eager embrace it.
4. Hot sauce…are you a fan? If you answered yes, what’s something you make/eat that must have hot sauce? On a scale of 1-10 how hot is too hot?
I absolutely love hot sauce!!! The hotter the better!!!! When I was pregnant with Chicky, I attended college classes at night after a full day of work. I started thinking about buffalo chicken wings while I was in class each night, and the Mr. HAD to take me for dinner…even at late hours…to get my fix for the hot sauce. You’d have to ramp it up to a 15 before I’d think something was too hot. :)
5. It’s been said that children learn what they live. What do you think children learn at your house?
I pray that my children learned about loving the Lord when they were under my tutelage. I see evidence of this in both of their lives, and I praise my heavenly Father for that. I also hope my children learned how a parent should love a child. I wasn’t a perfect mother, but I was always there for them, and I continue to shower love on them. I pray this example will carry over to when they have their own children.
6. What’s your favorite movie with a number in it’s title?
What a toss-up!
I like How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. What a delightfully funny movie!
My favorite, though, has to be 13 Going on 30 with Jennifer Garner. The Thriller scene makes me cackle every single time I watch it!
7. Saturday (August 16th) is National Tell a Joke Day…share one here.
Q: How do you make a tissue dance?
A: You put a little “boogey” in it.
8. My Random Thought
I have been known to stand in a chair to grab my students’ attention…because I saw this man do it in a movie that continues to inspire me. My heart is so sad.