Thanks to the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet forum that I participate in on Ravelry, I haven’t completely given up on my yarn fun, despite being so busy with school responsibilities.
My latest creation is my pair of Maeva Socks, which is the first of three planned pairs for this term’s OWL.
These took me just over a month to complete because I only managed to find time on the weekends…usually on Sundays. I did take advantage of Fall Break and knit two of my four days off, finishing up that Monday.
I used Malabrigo yarn I purchased a few months ago and knit with size 0 needles. For those of you non-knitting peeps, they are itsy bitsy needles.
The pattern wasn’t really all that difficult, but it did require a bit of concentration because of the cables. Honestly, I probably could have finished these in a couple of weeks if I’d had less distractions…such as work.
I’m pretty happy with the final product. They fit well and are warm. I’m sure I’ll begin wearing them soon with fall weather upon us and the temperatures slowly growing cooler.