My blog title though. It’s weird, is it not? Yeah. My creative juices just weren’t flowing. Ha! Hey, I’m here and doing the Hodgepodge, so that’s what matters most, yes? To play, answer on your own blog and link back up with Joyce. Now, let’s get to the questions!
1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
Hmmm…tough question! I think I am a lot of both! As an overachiever, I am definitely task-oriented, but I do enjoy, when I see someone I know, chatting. With that said, I am not a introduce-myself-to-strangers kind of person.
Ok, so I’ll just say that I’m task-oriented. I derive great satisfaction from getting things done. Although I don’t make to-do lists, I have them in my head and mentally check things off. I cannot wait to be on two feet again so I can resume my list checkoff sessions!
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day…do you own/wear pearls? If you’re a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a ‘pearl of wisdom’ with us here today.
I do wear pearls! I love how much class they add to outfits!
Pearl of Wisdom: Do not underestimate the kindness of strangers. I know that we are in a busy season right now, but kindness is out there. I see this daily and notice it even more now that I’m temporarily handicapped with my ankle.
3. Speaking of pearls…oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
Before I became a vegan, I did enjoy oysters…steamed oysters…served on crackers with fresh lemon juice and hot sauce.
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let’s take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
How about our military forces, as a whole? Now that my Rooster is serving, I have a much greater appreciation for the men and women in uniform and the sacrifices they and their families make to ensure that we enjoy the freedom that allow us to elect our ruling officials and enjoy the standard of living that other countries don’t have.
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it’s a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.
I like this color! I painted my first classroom a shade very similar, and it always caught people’s attention. Green signifies life and health. I do own an item or two in this color. My children used to attend a school that had this as one of its colors, so we constantly had it around.
I don’t know if I’ll add something of this color to my wardrobe this year, per se, but if I happen along an item, and the size and price are right, I’d be happy to let that thing join my family.
6. Today I’ve had too much________________________.
Today, I’ve had too much grading.
I am making headway, but y’all, it’s a never-ending battle.
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
I had to do a bit of googling to find some lyrics. The song “What Child is This?” has a beautiful set of lyrics (the second set of three) that I don’t think I’ve sung before.
They get to the heart of what Jesus’s birth means for mankind…
Why lies He in such mean estate,
Where ox and donkeys are feeding?
Good Christians, fear, for sinners here
The silent Word is pleading.
Nails, spears shall pierce him through,
the cross he bore for me, for you.
Hail, hail the Word made flesh,
the Babe, the Son of Mary.
8. My Random Thought
Speaking of Time Magazine‘s Person of the Year, can we ponder on the cover for a moment?
I added the arrows and circle.
Why does the media do this?
To call us the “Undivided States of America” is inflammatory and serves to only widen the chasm that the media is guilty of promoting in the first place.
I don’t care who you voted for. We live in the United States of America.