It’s hit or miss for me when it comes to participating in the Hodgepodge. Life, y’all, has thrown me for a loop. Let’s just celebrate the fact that I am here this week! Join up with Joyce to have your own bit of fun!
1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven’t been fishing is that something you’d like to try?
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait…which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
I have been fishing a few times but haven’t ever caught anything, which is why I have never enjoyed it much. I did get a kick out of watching my children fish when they were wee things, though. Seeing the smiles on their faces brought joy to my heart.
I think the phrase “fish out of water” best fits me right now. With all of our health issues of late, I am feeling lost as I begin to wade through unfamiliar territory. It’s a bit disconcerting, let me tell you.
2. What’s something you’re always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
I’m usually trying to find my wallet in my purse. I switched things up a bit after Christmas when I got a new purse and downsized my wallet. Although I have more space in my purse, I seem to have a hard time putting my hands on my wallet. Sigh. The struggle is real, y’all!
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
I’m all about The Little Mermaid. The songs from this movie make me sing. Out loud. While I’m running. Because I’m cool like that.
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Twilight is my jam…especially when the Mr. and I are dining out next to the water, which is all around us here on the Gulf. The end of the day is such a wonderful time of winding down and relaxing.
5. What’s the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I have a black leather jacket that I bought when my kids were toddlers. It’s worn in and worn smooth, making it very comfortable.
6. We’ve got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What’s been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
Getaway? After the crazy three and a half months we’ve had, I need a vacation. From life. The best part of my winter was spending time with my kids during Christmas. The worst part has been watching the Mr. become ill. It’s been a stressful time filled with mixed blessings.
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day…will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what’s your favorite JB tune?
I wish I was celebrating, but alas, I will be meeting up with family to grab the Mr. and take him home. He had a doctor’s appointment and a few tests at the clinic that is four hours away. By the time I will have worked, driven to meet him, and gotten back home, I’ll be wiped out. I love my margaritas on the rocks, and being from sunny Florida, I am definitely a Jimmy Buffet fan. I can’t say that I have a favorite. They all make me want to run away to an island and dream my days away.
8. My Random Thought
In case you didn’t read my post from a couple of days ago, my physical therapist strongly advised that I buy new, supportive sneakers. I wore my new Asics at school for the first time yesterday, and man, what a difference!
I can honestly say that my pain level was radically decreased. I usually can hardly walk by the end of the day. Teaching is tiring for people who don’t have broken ankles to recover from. Imagine doing it after an ankle break!
I am one happy girl!
Filed under: This-n-That |